This is one of the recipes I came up with to help me use up a giant load of zucchini! I love leafy greens, they always liven up a dish, don’t they? My zucchini kale casserole might just be a new favorite around here!
Zucchini Kale Casserole Recipe
Zucchini paired with diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, cheddar cheese, and kale. Baked for at least 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly!
Brown the cheese on top quickly using the broil feature of your oven.
- 30 oz diced tomatoes (canned)
- 30 oz tomato sauce (canned)
- 1 bunch kale (chopped small)
- 1 cup cheese (cheddar, Monterey Jack or other)
- 2-3 large zucchini (sliced)
- non-stick spray oil
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Spray casserole with non-stick spray
- Add diced tomatoes to a casserole dish
- Place a layer of kale next, then a layer of zucchini slices.
- Then add the can of tomato sauce
- Do these layers until you fill-up the casserole dish. If it's full of the first layer that's fine! Just try to end with a layer of cheese.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes, or until the zucchini is cooked thoroughly.
- To brown the cheese on top, broil on high for 1-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 178Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 20mgSodium 1029mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 6gSugar 11gProtein 9g
For the most accurate nutritional information, you should calculate the nutritional value of each ingredient yourself. These calculations are provided by a third party and are not expected to be exact. You are solely responsible for ensuring the nutritional information you use is accurate.
This is a great recipe for dinner! My vegetable loving kids gobbled up this casserole. The non-vegetable eater didn’t care for it much though, of course!
I love that you can freeze this casserole. It makes menu planning easy. I just reheat it in my Instant Pot.
The layers get a little messy because I have to move it from a casserole dish to a round pan that will fit into the Instant Pot, but oh well.
Ways to Use up a Load of Zucchini
Another favorite way to eat zucchini is to throw some in a green salad.
MSU has some pretty great tips and a unique recipe for preserving zucchini!
More Zucchini and/or Kale Recipes
Garlic butter Sautéed Zucchini, by Inspired Taste
Zucchini Parmesan Casserole, by Homestead Wishing
Canned Zucchini Salad by, Northern Homestead
Zucchini Pickles, by All Recipes
Zucchini Salsa, by Reluctant Entertainer
Canned Zucchini Relish, by Homestead Acres
Kale Salad, by Homestead Wishing
Kale and Basil Pesto, by Homestead Wishing
Follow Us On Social Media!
Have questions? Leave me a comment!
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment! Thank you for visiting. 🙂
Share On Pinterest!