A while back I found myself with a whole case of zucchini, needless to say, I needed to come up with some recipes that would help me use it up. Zucchini Parmesan Casserole is a perfect way to use up a bunch of zucchini. This casserole turned out perfect!
I also dehydrated zucchini. I wish I could ferment it, but food needs to be fresh in order to ferment it, and this stuff was on its last life.
Zucchini Parmesan Casserole
To summarize this recipe, it’s zucchini mixed with diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and topped with a breadcrumb and parmesan mix! Mm yum!
- 30 oz diced tomatoes (canned)
- 30 oz tomato sauce (canned)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2-3 large zucchini (sliced)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- non-stick spray oil
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Spray casserole with non-stick spray
- Add diced tomatoes and tomato sauce to a casserole dish
- Add zucchini slices
- In a bowl, mix breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and olive oil.
- Add the breadcrumb mix to the casserole dish making sure to spread it evenly and cover all of the zucchini.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes, or until the zucchini is cooked thoroughly.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 271Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 14mgSodium 1323mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 6gSugar 11gProtein 11g
For the most accurate nutritional information, you should calculate the nutritional value of each ingredient yourself. These calculations are provided by a third party and are not expected to be exact. You are solely responsible for ensuring the nutritional information you use is accurate.
The kids really loved this cheesy dish. They certainly can’t wait until I get another load of zucchini so we can make more.
Conversely, there is one kid who doesn’t love vegetables or this casserole, lol.
I’m not sure if I like this recipe better or my Zucchini Kale Casserole better.
I couldn’t preserve this batch of zucchini because it was too close to going bad. However, if you have fresh zucchini it can be preserved!
In addition, these freezer tips for freezing zucchini are amazing. It’s also a great way to preserve an abundance of zucchini!
Preserve zucchini using tips from MSU. I have pickled many a thing, however, I haven’t made pickles using zucchini! Check out these Zucchini Pickles, by All Recipes
Preserve with canning – Canned Zucchini Relish, by Homestead Acres
Make Salsa! – Zucchini Salsa, by Reluctant Entertainer
More Zucchini and/or Parmesan Recipes
- Garlic butter Sautéed Zucchini, by Inspired Taste
- Zucchini Parmesan Casserole, by Homestead Wishing
- Canned Zucchini Salad by, Northern Homestead
- Zucchini Pickles, by All Recipes
- Zucchini Salsa, by Reluctant Entertainer
- Canned Zucchini Relish, by Homestead Acres
- Chicken Parmesan, by Spend with Pennies
I’d love To Know what you think!… Leave me a comment!
Share On Pinterest!